Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today is National Gingersnap Day

Who knew? Apparently I've gone my entire life without celebrating a whole slew of national food holidays. Why, in June alone I missed:
  • National Candy Month
  • June 3 Donut Day (1st weekend in June)
  • June 7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
  • June 14 National Strawberry Shortcake Day
  • June 16 National Fudge Day
I wonder if any of them are considered work or school holidays? July 11, National Blueberry Muffin Day, should definitely be a day off, primarily because July 10 is National Pina Colada Day. I'm really miffed that no one told me February 22 is National Margarita Day. I would have celebrated the hell out of that one. I'll probably abstain from August 28, National Cherry Turnovers Day, because of a personal aversion to cherry filling, but I'm so there on November 12, National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day! I'm especially looking forward to December 30, National Bicarbonate of Soda Day. I'm sure the parties will be effervescent.

No comments: