Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving just got a little more kick

Woot! I have had an official request to bring Red Rooster to Thanksgiving this year. Red Rooster is much better than the casserole I was asked to bring. The last time I brought it, I ended up with a giant metal palm tree bird feeder.

Here's the recipe, in case anyone else needs to brighten up their holiday:

Red Rooster

Ingredients:
3 Quart(s) cranberry juice cocktail
12 Ounce(s) thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
4 Cup(s) vodka

Directions:
Combine all the ingredients and freeze in a large plastic container for several hours, or until slushy. (It won't be frozen solid.)

Stir and scoop the mixture into punch cups or wine glasses.

Notes: I usually use rum instead of vodka, generally a combo of gold rum and vanilla rum. All I have right now is 151, so I'll be buying some new supplies. I don't want Thanksgiving to be that exciting.

5 comments:

Spork In the Eye said...

My personal opinion is anything but vodka. Vodka is so... nothing.

LogoGirl said...

yes, vodka is not my friend.

hmm, this makes me wonder how the beerita freezes?

try it out for science, right?

Kari said...

Yes, yes, you must try it. Science requires it. And you must report your findings.

LogoGirl said...

Forgot to ask - are you having turducken this year?

Kari said...

No turducken for Tgiving. Spork's sister, Becky, usually gets one for Christmas, so that's when we indulge. It's quite nice. I'm especially fond of the duck.

You?