Monday, January 26, 2009

Some of the best news ever!

I subscribe to an email newsletter sent out weekly from the author, Susan Wittig Albert. In her China Bayles mystery series, the main character, China, has chucked her big city lawyer career in favor of running an herb shop in a small Texas hill country town. The books contain a lot of Texas lore and herb/plant trivia, which I enjoy as much as the mystery itself.

Anyhoo, in today's newsletter, Ms. Albert gave me two pieces of extremely good news. First, tomorrow, January 27, is National Chocolate Cake Day. Second, chocolate is an herb with more antioxidants than red wine!

I am going to ignore the refined carbohydrate issues that the cake presents and think of it as an herbal remedy to all that ails me from here on out. I read it on the internet; it must be true.

No comments: